[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4592: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4593: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
ParamedicalExaminer.net • View topic - Most Famous Quotes!

Most Famous Quotes!

Do you have any good stories? Tell us your tales here.

Most Famous Quotes!

Postby iac-Nancy » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:32 pm

"You Can't Miss It!" (When asking for directions to a house)

"Is There A Lid?" (When giving an applicant the 'cup' for urine collection)

"Do You Want The Cup Back?" (After they they collect urine specimen, and you have poured off what you need)

"Why Do You Care About My Family's Medical History?"

"The Insurance Company Already Asked Me These Questions! WHY Are You Asking AGAIN?"

"When Will This Policy Be 'Effective?"

-------------------------------------

Feel free to ADD your OWN "Famous Quotes".
iac-Nancy

Re: Most Famous Quotes!

Postby fujitzu » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:10 pm

How about these famous quotes:

Is this all you do for a living?

I just peed before you got here

I'm not getting on that scale
fujitzu

Postby girlparamed » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:14 am

LOL I think those pretty much cover it.
I get a lot of:
"are you an RN?"
"How many of these do you do a day?"
"I have really difficult veins" (you can see how huge they are)
"Your scale is way off!"
"What does your husband do?" (I hate that one)
"Oh my dog is friendly, don't worry, he just wants to say hi"
"What are you testing for?"

I particularly don't like the RN question because my previous experience was as a CMA. I can't get over the notion that someone might think less of me for not being a nurse. It's only happened once that someone has doubted my ability/professionalism after I told them I wasn't an RN, but since then I can't shake it.
girlparamed

Postby happyexaminer » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:30 pm

The classic: "I REALLY don't like needles."

My reply-- "I have yet to meet anybody who does."

And why do people think we have another job?

My reply to people who ask if I am a nurse is that I tell them I worked in the hospital lab, drawing blood all day. If they further press, I explain that nurses usually don't draw blood, lab people do.

"Do you work for the insurance company?" is another good one. I tell them "No, I can't, I need to be the disinterested third party." Usually don't ask any more questions after you throw a big word at them. :D

Another good one I had was a wrestling coach who SWORE up and down my scale was off 20 pounds, insisting I go down into the basement and use the scale he weighs his wrestlers with. Yeah, I was heavy by half a pound. Couldn't resist pointing out that my scale was only off by a quarter of a percent...
happyexaminer

Postby girlparamed » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:41 pm

I can't stand it when people argue about weight. The angrier they are about what your scale says, the closer the weight is to what THEIR scale said. I had a woman recently who was visibly shaken by the 4 pound difference between my scale and hers. Folks don't get it that scales will vary. I usually ask what their scale says, and if it's off by more than 10 pounds, I'll take a look at my scale when I get home; calibrate it and such. If it's only 5 pounds, I bring up the natural variation between scales, clothing allowance, the fact that they've been drinking water.... all things that can cause fluctuations.
girlparamed

Postby happyexaminer » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:13 am

Yeah, I've noticed that men, generally speaking, wig out more about the needles, where the women freak out about being weighed. People are in such denial about what they weigh, anyway. And please explain why the ones who are heavily tattooed and pierced usually freak out the worst. :roll:

I have a Homedics digital scale that I got at Bed, Bath and Beyond a couple years ago. It's held its accuracy very well. It does need to calibrate itself occasionally, just watch it after the client steps off to see if a "c" pops up. I then re-weigh them, and it's usually lighter the second time.

My ace in the hole is that, if people seem to question the reading at all, I tell them my son is a high school wrestler, and he calibrates my scale for me. Wrestlers always know EXACTLY what they weigh, and are weighed on extremely accurate scales.
happyexaminer

Postby SabrinaKen » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:11 pm

One guy ask me " Where did you get that needle and that kit? I don't know if that kit has been tampered with or not? " He was about over 6'3" tall, and he was trying to talk himself out of getting the exam. Because he definetly did not talk me out of giving him the exam. I remained professional and calm. I completed the exam.
Take a fun Phlebotomy quiz at
SabrinaKen

Postby happyexaminer » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:52 pm

Ah, yes, the bigger they are, the harder they fall!
happyexaminer

Postby lady79 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:36 pm

I always get " Just as long as I don't have to watch i'm ok" My reply "I don't Make anyone watch"
lady79

Postby Cynical in Seattle » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:06 am

I say "if you're not going to watch, neither am I" :D
Cynical in Seattle

Next

Return to Stories