Most Famous Quotes!

Do you have any good stories? Tell us your tales here.

Re: Most Famous Quotes!

Postby lady79 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:40 pm

"What does my driving record have to do with life Insurance?"

How about lab one including moving violation, restricted, suspended, or revoked all in one question? : :lol: a speeding ticket is nothing compared to your DL being REVOKED!!!! I guess they have their reasons? Love some of the applicants expressions when I ask that question.
Last edited by lady79 on Wed May 25, 2011 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lady79

Postby Stickler » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:25 am

"You can't miss it!" usually means a vein that suddenly dives deep into the anticubital flesh of the applicant's arm never to be seen or felt by the examiner or else squirms and rolls like a lady being goosed in an elevator.

"Do you have a lid for this?" I usually answer with a straight face, "Nope. I have cup holders in my car!"

"Do you want the cup back?" I reply, "No, you can have it. I have a full set of juice glasses at home now so I'm not saving them any more!"
Stickler

Postby Stickler » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:13 pm

Before drawing blood, I always ask if they have had problems with previous blood draws. I ask, "When you have your blood drawn do you ever faint, puke, or punch out the technician?" This usually brings a laugh and lightens the mood. The other day, one man answered," Not yet!"

Has anyone ever had problems examining other medical professionals? For awhile there, I could swear that if I had to examine a doctor, whatever could go wrong, would. Either I would miss the vein or give the poor guy a hematoma the size of a golf ball, or the luer lock would break, or the urine cup would be cracked when I took it out of the kit! Lately though the curse seems to have been lifted. Maybe it's because I've been examining a lot of doctors recently and the exams have gone without a hitch. So many in fact that when I walk into the local hospital (most of them like to be seen at work) the staff will greet me with, "Who's on your list today, Stick?"
Stickler

Postby Stickler » Mon May 09, 2011 8:38 am

Applicants may not want to watch you stick them, but they watch with mesmerized fascination when you pour the urine from the cup into the tubes! I've started saying, "This is being done by a trained professional. Please do not attempt this at home!" I've assured people that when I do spill, it's usually on antique oriental rugs or on myself when I have 8 more exams to do that day!
Stickler

Postby Matthewop » Wed May 18, 2011 10:57 pm

"there is no right or wrong just different"
Matthewop

Previous

Return to Stories