Unioning

Start a discussion on anything you want!

Unioning

Postby toosuper52 » Fri May 27, 2011 1:58 pm

We need to band together and join a Union. My housecleaner gets paid more per hour than I do. We are not just people who draw blood and collect urine. We are the face of every single PC company out there. I don't have to tell you that without us, there would be no income. Why then, are we not being reimbursed fairly. Insurance companies are among the richest industries out there. If anyone is interested, I'd like to start the ball rolling and contact several existing unions to see if they might help us organize. Let me know.
toosuper52

Re: Unioning

Postby NANA0771 » Fri May 27, 2011 7:16 pm

I agree with you. We as examiners are held responsible for so much, and expect to do more and more with no increase in pay for the exams we do.
Companies are making big bucks, and the examiners are the one's who is doing the work. What will these companies do if there were no examiners?
We need to get together, and demand what we want.
NANA0771

Postby lady79 » Fri May 27, 2011 7:18 pm

I like your take on things toosuper52

I suggest you look at this group NASCPE
on this link http://www.paramedicalexaminersanonymous.com/index.php ;)
lady79

Postby toosuper52 » Sat May 28, 2011 11:46 am

Still plan to call the nurses' union on Tuesday for some serious input. If there is a group currently organizing, I'll find out. Thanks, previous poster for that link. I'll check it out. Power in numbers!
toosuper52

Postby crystal234 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:13 pm

I think unionizing is a great idea and may turn out to be another alternative or addition to NASCPE. At this point in time any and all solutions or ANY possible combination of alternatives should be seriously looked at.
crystal234

Return to General Discussion