exam one

Start a discussion on anything you want!

exam one

Postby zoey11 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:31 am

What the heck is going on with them?
Since Quest took over, they are now constantly threatening examiners with a 4 mistake per quarter max, this can be tiny things like a missing letter, mis spelling, fax that one part did not come through, small mark on a checked box ect?
So if we do 200 exams per quarter, we can be threatened with warnings and firing?
Who is the Hilter who came up with this stuff? I could list the mistakes office people make weekly, are they giving them a 4 mistake limit too? They are human just like us.
Someone needs to tell them they need a former examiner to make some incentives and rules, not threats and numbers only. Theres gonna be a lot of examiners leavin if they keep this mess up. Hope they get a change in this fast or they'll be looking for coverage all over.
zoey11

Re: exam one

Postby newby2010 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:19 pm

Unfortunately, ExamOne's business model is leading away from field examiners and toward their fixed Quest locations. ExamOne had a goal of 10% in-office exams last year and I know they received a lot of push-back from agents. Applicants are used to in-home exams, but ExamOne will certainly continue to push in this direction.

In addition to a focus on in-office work, ExamOne appears to see lowest prices and not top-performance as their key metric. They pitch lowest cost and then threaten examiners to deliver top results for less money. That is not a sustainable business model, unless ExamOne succeeds in cutting off mobile exams. In either case, I certainly wouldn't bet my future on working with them.
newby2010

Re: exam one

Postby zoey11 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:10 pm

Agree, but now they are actually threatening with a "report card." They have a dummy applicant and ask a million questions and have them grade the examiner.
I can see only keeping examiners with a low percentage of errors, but a report card? This is ridiculous!!
And the pay has gone down, guess they are using it for paying the dummy applicants.
Exam One has really gone down hill since Quest took over, examiners used to like working for them.
If they get too many mistakes or complaints about an examiner, just don't use them. This route is crazy and all the threats all the time plus lowing pay =losing good examiners.
zoey11

Return to General Discussion