Direct Billing..I'm looking for new company

Start a discussion on anything you want!

Direct Billing..I'm looking for new company

Postby behavesarah » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:08 pm

My personal assistant just retired and I've been looking over my billing statements from portamedic direct and realized that I'm paying a 30% kit fee..I have always bought my own kits and have never used one of theirs..when I called they said this was standard and was in the contract I signed..WTF?? I am completely amiable to pay the 15% for them to do my billing for my exams but then they tack on a Admin Fee of 2.25$ per exam and Admin Fee - APS's 4$ (i have no idea what that is for) I told them I carry a million of medical liability through state farm and I could send them a copy of my insurance...NO LUCK in changing anything..So I told them we need to renegotiate that stupid contract or I'm taking my business someplace else..(They have not responded yet) SO I may need to find another billing company. Any advise will be appreciated!
behavesarah

Re: Direct Billing..I'm looking for new company

Postby pdirector » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:46 am

Big challenge on the billing side is that there are only a few options:

1. Go through a company with 90%+ direct contracts such as EMSI, APPS, ExamOne, and Portamedic.
Positive: Since they are billing the carriers directly, the 85% they commit is really 85%.
Negative: They are competing against you and you always have to be careful of that.

2. Go through a company with 50% or less direct contracts such as Superior Mobile, Paramed Solutions, IPS National, and a few smaller companies.
Positive: The billing company acts as a billing "aggregator" and does the work of submitting the billing, which can take a lot of time in some systems, as well as looking for the contract that pays highest, so you don't have to. They may or may not also compete in your space (particularly your local market)
Negative: Since they are not always billing direct, an 85% contract is sometimes 85% and sometimes 72% (85% of the 85% this company receives for billing through another company)

3. Get your own direct contracts... (we all know how challenging that is--but not impossible)

It seems that Portamedic would be willing to renegotiate a kit fee or at least send you kits for all the work you have billed through them so you don't have to buy them and then reduce your kit fee to 15% or less. If not, I would definitely reach out to another option and can get you contact information for any of them if you need it.
pdirector

Postby mediservice01 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Give me a call. Depending on the company and amount of exams you Bill per month, I may be able to give you 85% of all we bill out.

MEDI-SERVICE (888) 344-1164

http://WWW.MEDI-SERVICE.US
mediservice01

Postby examsolutions1 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:31 pm

I use Superior Mobile medics- for direct billing. They pay for kits you use for directs. They charge a 2.00 admin fee. On some companies because they may have to 3 party bill you may make a little less then billing through another company.
examsolutions1

Postby IPS National » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:15 pm

IPS National is a billing aggregator doing business throughout the United States. We have a few direct bill relationships but most are through Portamedic and EMSI. We do pay 85% of what we receive on the exam and 70% of what we receive on the lab kit and pay net 15 days. There are no administration or "other" fees of any kind. If you are interested or require further information please call us at 1-800-409-7674. http://WWW.ipsnational.com
IPS National

Return to General Discussion