Alternatives to Insurance

Discuss the best ways to make it as a direct, independent examiner.

Alternatives to Insurance

Postby UpTownExams » Tue May 13, 2008 1:02 pm

Can anyone suggest any good alternatives to working the insurance industry? I'm looking at getting into a new market - one that pays a little better.
UpTownExams

Re: Alternatives to Insurance

Postby GoGo » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:34 pm

I don't know a lot about entering the market, but there is wellness, DNA, drug screening and others. Most anything will pay better than insurance!
GoGo

Postby rjaneway » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:55 pm

Corporate wellness testing is a big market right now, with mandates for wellness programs in organizations with 20+ employees.
rjaneway

Postby spithpnz » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:29 am

How does an examiner get involved in the wellness programs for large companies? I am very interested! Thank you for any assistance.
Laura
spithpnz

Postby emed » Wed May 19, 2010 11:46 am

Google wellness contract jobs, health fairs, corporate wellness, employee screening. There are tons of national companies that are seeking self contracting nurses/medical professionals that can do health fairs for them. They pay usually $30 per hour, but it is not always consistent work. I have done many of them and they can be fun. Actually, I am starting my own business in the area because it is so profitable. Kind of like a wedding planner, but only for employers, health fair organizers and things like that.
emed

Return to Starting Your Own Company