Keeping track of exams

Discuss the best ways to make it as a direct, independent examiner.

Keeping track of exams

Postby Dustin » Thu May 01, 2008 3:39 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm just getting started as an independent examiner and I'm wondering what everyone uses for case management. I know that I lot of people just use email and excel. Others use online software packages. Any tips???
Dustin

Re: Keeping track of exams

Postby SuperExaminer » Wed May 07, 2008 12:42 pm

If you work with any of the "big 4", then you are probably familiar with their exam management software. Some do online case management through their website, such as Portamedic's Quanis. Others are desktop applications, such as EMSI. Such companies only allow you to manage exams that you are billing through them, and they have their name stamped all over everything. If want more control over the software, there are only a few independent companies out there, the most popular being http://www.mediprodirect.com. Another one I've seen is http://paramedExam.com, but they don't look very solid. Hope that's helpful. Good luck with your business.
SuperExaminer

Postby darenjr » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:55 am

Does anyone have a simple template that you use to keep up with status of your cases? I just need something simple to help me keep up with my direct cases.
darenjr

Postby Vampire » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:04 am

Vampire

Postby ParamedExam.com » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:55 pm

Good afternoon,

As owner of ParamedExam.com, I came across a reference to this thread while doing a Google Search and wanted to address the comment by SuperExaminer although it was some time in the past, others may find this thread as did I.

We are a company committed to providing the very best service in the Industry to our partners and have a long history of success and stability.

We were the first company outside of the big 4 to create and bring to market a single user Paramedical Exam software package and over the years many companies have attempted to use a plethora of tactics to copy our system. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.
One thing that can never be copied is our reliability and faithful commitment to our business partners.

ParamedExam.com was initially Microworks and formed around 1996.

In January of 1997 I began work on a project to provide an examiner friend of mine with a computer program to help her with tracking her paramedical exams.
It was largely through her patience and willingness to share with me the fine details of what an examiner goes through on a per exam basis and the type of information gathered, and passed on to insurance companies ultimately.

Over several years, and with the help of many, many more paramedical professionals, the program progressed and developed into an ever more effective program.

In 2000, the software, then called Paramed2000 was released to the public and was a sensation. Our website was kept in high-gear tending to the orders and supporting those who purchased it.

4 successive versions were eventually released until in 2004, the program had advanced into a full blown Paramedical Exam Management system and was ported for use over the Internet at which time the personal copies were discontinued. (We have begun to offer free copies of that software at our site for any examiner interested. However, it has not been updated in some time and we can no longer support that version.)

Today, the Internet version continues to be in use by major players in the Paramedical Industry who are extremely well respected companies within the industry.

Because Microworks nor the owners of the StatusNOW (tm) Case tracking system perform cases, there has never been any reason for our customers to worry about competition with us or the security of their data, Data security and privacy have ALWAYS been our top priority and will continue to be.
We have never shared, sold or traded even a single email address or bit of data from any client or examiner.

We work with our partners to help advise them of potential security issues and HIPAA requirements.

Our current platform, StatusNOW(tm) has been in use since about 2002 and is extremely "solid" and stable having undergone years of real world use and testing.

I personally invite anyone seeking a solution for Paramedical Case Management to contact me at http://www.ParamedExam.com for a free personal consultation about your needs. I will be more than happy to talk with you with regards to what it would take to provide this service for your firm no matter what size.

Best Regards,

Charlton Hamilton,
Microworks,
ParamedExam.com
ParamedExam.com

Postby rjaneway » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:41 pm

The most advanced, full-service, independent software in the industry remains the MediPro Direct software at www.mediprodirect.com. As a business development company, our software not only supports life insurance exam work, it also has custom order and tracking interfaces for DNA testing, drug and alcohol testing, general phlebotomy, and many other services AT NO ADDITIONAL COST. In addition, it is built as a networking system so you can network with many of the 9,200+ examiners registered on our software and hire them to perform work for your growing company, or you can make yourself visible to other medical companies by registering as an examiner and potentially receive business from companies that have a need in your area. We have successfully created a full business back-end, not just a case tracking system, and have helped more than a thousand examiners start and develop medical companies.

Another feature our customers praise is the ability to connect the MediPro Direct software to your existing website. If you do not have a website, we set one up for you AT NO ADDITIONAL COST and we even have an in-house web and marketing team to help customize your site and build online presence if you choose to invest in those options, or to help you develop sales and marketing materials to take to agents. We are a full company solution for your business and look forward to working with you.

Ryan Janeway
MediPro Direct
rjaneway

Return to Starting Your Own Company