Background requirements

Dedicated to providing information for examiners who are just getting started.

Background requirements

Postby Past Examiner » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:29 pm

Hello:

I was an examiner who got out of the business about 8 years ago give or take. At that time, Examone was doing background checks up to 5 years back and I can't remember what the other companies were doing.

I'm thinking of getting back into the field. Does anyone know what the background requirements are now? I have something on my record from when I was 19 years old (I'm well into my 30's). Nothing violent, but I would rather avoid embarrassment if the check goes back that far. Info on all the big companies would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Past Examiner

Re: Background requirements

Postby Past Examiner » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:02 am

Does anyone know the answer to this? Specifically for APPS? Thanks.
Past Examiner

Postby apsmachine » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:41 am

I know when we have recently had examiners credentialed through Exam1, APPS, EMSI, and Portamedic, we have been told it is 7 years and looking only for felonies. I have not seen a denial come back for anything beyond 7 years, although I HAVE seen a denial come back for reasons other than a felony, such as more minor misdemeanors. I am not sure who really makes these decisions and no one seems to tell you that, but 7 years does seem to be the length of time.
apsmachine

Postby Past Examiner » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:01 pm

apsmachine wrote:I know when we have recently had examiners credentialed through Exam1, APPS, EMSI, and Portamedic, we have been told it is 7 years and looking only for felonies. I have not seen a denial come back for anything beyond 7 years, although I HAVE seen a denial come back for reasons other than a felony, such as more minor misdemeanors. I am not sure who really makes these decisions and no one seems to tell you that, but 7 years does seem to be the length of time.

Thank you.
Past Examiner

Return to New Examiners